Friday 21 March 2014

Rope Floor Rug


The DIY things we find on Pinterest. If you haven’t discovered Pinterest yet, I suggest you do now! Everything you have every though about is there!! I had seen a DIY Rope Mat that I thought would be great in the salon. Off I went to Bunnings to get what I needed: Natural Sisal Twisted Rope, this isn't the exact one I purchased, but the thickness is correct, extra Hot Glue Gun Sticks, I knew I would probably need extras, and I purchased some Non-Slip Mat to glue the rope too! I figured this was going to be a cheap and easy way to fix an ugly from problem. Although making the mat was easy, it cost way more than I like to admit. I think I used 100m-150m of rope, 2-3 packets of glue gun sticks, burnt my fingers several times, and after 3 months it fell to pieces!! :( I have decided that i will defiantly try this again. But this time I'm going to use a finer rope, and smaller pieces attached together! I really like combining the both ideas of weaving and sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment